Kayak Rainbow Beach
Experience an Epic Ocean Adventure back to nature and into the wild with our Rainbow Beach Dolphin View Kayak Adventures.
Feel the thrill of a stunning 4X4 adventure along the spectacular Great Beach Drive from Rainbow Beach, deep into the Great Sandy National Park to a pristine ocean kayaking location, Double Island Point. Immerse yourself in the views and natural beauty of Australia’s Nature Coast on a guided kayak experience whilst seeing a buzzing hub of wildlife including Bottlenose dolphins, Humpback whales, turtles, rays and more in this tropical aquatic paradise. This location features scenic views of the Rainbow Beach coloured sands, Fraser Island and pristine Honeymoon Bay.
Double Island Point is only accessible by 4X4 vehicles from Rainbow Beach around the low tide, its away from the crowds and into the heart of the Great Sandy National Park where many of the local and migrating wildlife can be experienced.
Large Bottlenose dolphin pods, Humpback whales (June – November), Six of the world’s seven marine turtle species can be found here as well as manta rays, sting rays, soldier crabs in their thousands and a variety of spectacular local and migrating bird species including the Brahminy and Whistling Kite, Eastern Osprey, and many others.
We guide you on a gentle paddle in the tropical waters of Honeymoon Bay and Double Island Point headland taking in the breath taking views and natural surroundings of the area as well as seeing the Double Island Point Lighthouse from a unique view. Bottlenose dolphin pods are often seen here enjoying the Marine Park and feeding on large schools of fish and to see them living in their own habitat is a truly rewarding wildlife experience.
No experience is required for this Eco kayak tour, beginner friendly location & suitable for all levels.
This Rainbow Beach Dolphin View Kayak experience is suitable for ages 7 years up and is a must for anyone looking for a lifetime experience with the wild! There is some 400+ dolphins living in the area and chances to see dolphins are generally high (90%) with likely chances to also see turtles, whales (June- November), rays, sea birds and soldier crabs in their thousands. If you’re a nature lover and also looking for a unique aquatic adventure this kayak adventure is a must do.
Departure times vary daily as a result of tide times to access Double Island Point along the beach. Please reconfirm for specific departure times. Please allow 3-3.5 hours for this tour from Rainbow Beach.
- Depart Rainbow Beach in specialised 4X4 vehicles, travel via the Great Beach Drive and along the spectacular wind swept, towering coloured sand cliffs.
- Experience the thrill of a 4X4 beach adventure into the Great Sandy National Park.
- Breathtaking pristine beaches > an amazing sense of freedom.
- Arrive at the tropical paradise, Double Island Point.
- Spectacular headland buzzing with marine life including dolphins, whales, turtles & rays.
- Equipment set up and safety/instruction briefing on the beach.
- Casual guided paddle taking in the stunning natural views and local marine life.
- See local Bottlenose dolphins feeding and playing up close in the area.
- Whales on migration passing by, putting on a show or resting in the bay.
- Spot the different types of turtles and rays in the crystal clear waters in the protected Marine Park..
- Get a unique view of the Double Island Point Lighthouse from the water.
- Return trip along the Great Beach Drive back to Rainbow Beach.
4X4 Great Beach Drive experience, equipment, guided kayak adventure, National Park entry fees, pictures on request.
Please bring what you would usually bring to the beach e.g: towel, sunscreen, water, camera, snacks, change of clothes.
(It is a requirement that all food, littler and any other waste are taken with you out of the National Park on completion of your visit)
Departure times from Rainbow Beach vary daily and are set around the low tide to access Double Island Point along the Great Beach Drive. Please contact for specific departure times. Please allow 3-3.5 hours for the duration of this kayak tour.
$89 per person – half day (3-3.5 hours)
This tour departs Rainbow Beach, on Queensland’s Sunshine Coast and is located 2.5 hours north of Brisbane & on the door step of Fraser Island.
Please meet 15 minutes prior to departure at: